Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Favorite Books of 2014

It's been a great year for writing and for reading. I've enjoyed many books over the course of the last 12 months and I know there are more precious gems wanting to be gobbled up by me in 2015. All my favorite authors have something new coming out. Yippee!!

Since I read so many genres, I'm going to break this out by genre. First up is my original romance love.. historical.

There were so many to simply read, so many to devour, and so many to love. For 2015 my favorite is:

Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover by Sarah Maclean: Read my review here

Between The Devil and Ian Eversea by Julie Anne Long: Read my review here

Fool Me Twice by Meredith Duran: Read my review here

Vixen in Velvet by Loretta Chase: Read my review here

The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan




Contemporary-- I love a good contemporary, but at times it's difficult to find one that breaks the mold
and explores tropes in different ways. There's so much of the same story out there, some done better than others. These are the few that really caught my eye and latched onto my memory.

Roulette by Megan Mulry: Read my review here

It Happened One Wedding by Julie James: Read my review here

The Bad Boy Billionaire's Girl Gone Wild by Maya Rodale: Read my review here

The Bad Boy Billionaire's Wicked Arrangement by Maya Rodale: Read my review here




Erotic - Technically most erotic I read is contemporary, but I believe all erotic falls into a separate category from other books I read. Because let's face it, erotic has more steam then a typical contemporary. I've had my boundaries pushed more in erotic books than any other genre... take note authors.

The Saint by Tiffany Reisz

Misbehaving by Tiffany Reisz: Read my review here

Bound to be a Groom by Megan Mulry






New Adult- I don't read a lot of this genre...yet. What I do read tends to be hit or miss, but I've found
several authors I don't mind diving into. Also both the books I've listed did something unique. In A Little Too Hot there was a surprise to end all surprises. The author caught me completely off guard and pulled a giant whammy that worked in all the right ways.
Beverley Kendall took the unplanned pregnancy trope to new and exciting heights. I wasn't throw off the heroines, like I am in so many pregnancy books and there's something to be said for an author tackling a difficult trope like this and making it fresh.

A Little Too Hot by Lisa Desrochers

Trapped by Beverley Kendall




Finally my favorite book. The book to make me scream from the rafters is duh duh duh....

The Kraken King by Meljean Brook

This was a serial novel that had me on tenterhooks, made me weep, hurrah, and pound my fists in fury as I anxiously waiting new pieces of it to come out. I devoured this book, spent far to many hours exulting it to fellow readers and begging everyone to buy the damn thing. Officially the hero, Ariq, is the my book boyfriend to end all book boyfriends. I've said this to the author as well, who I had the distinct pleasure of meeting at RT 2014 in New Orleans.
The book is steam punk and if you've never given the genre a chance I highly encourage it. You can't go wrong with Meljean Brook. She provides adventure, romance, and action in such wonderful doses. Also, you can buy the whole thing in one package now. :D




I can't for more wonderful books to read in 2015. In fact, I've already read a few and so far I'm impressed. There's going to be a lot of good books coming readers. So prep those bank accounts. Here's to hoping I can read as many books next year as I did this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment